On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 11:58 AM, Ferenc Kovacs <tyr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 3:42 AM, Xinchen Hui <larue...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hey:
> >
> >      I really don't like arguing in english, so this will be my last
> > reply in this thread.
> >

> sorry to bother you, and my "backlash" wasn't really targeted you
> personally.
>

> > On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 12:10 AM, Ferenc Kovacs <tyr...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > > https://wiki.php.net/rfc/uniform_variable_syntax
> > > https://wiki.php.net/rfc/size_t_and_int64_next
> >
> > aren't they discussed and voted? what do you mean by  we can't even
> > start in previous comment?
>
> yes, and both of those were put on hold by the authors until the phpng
> situation is resolved, and to me it feels wrong to block something which is
> done and accepted with something which is not-yet finished(albeit it seems
> to be reaching a stable state) and didn't have a consensus behind it.

To make sure that this isn't misconstrued as an argument against merging
phpng: My work isn't blocked by phpng (it's actually based on it), it's
blocked by lack of an official decision regarding phpng. I have another
large patch (AST) based on phpng and Andrea is working on a bigint
implementation, also based on phpng. Before these things can move forward
we need the decision that PHP 6/7 is going to be based on phpng.

Nikita