Hi!

> I would like to propose a few changes to our heredoc / nowdoc scanner to make
> it less awkward to use inside other constructs.
>
> https://wiki.php.net/rfc/heredoc-scanner-loosening
>
> Let me know your thoughts :)

With this proposal, you will not be able to use the delimiter inside the
text at the beginning of the line, which is a BC break and may be a
problem for some code. I'm not sure saving one variable assignment, at
the expense of making scripts less readable and breaking BC, is really
worth it. How often you need an array of heredocs or concatenate two
heredocs? How often it is a good idea, readability-wise?

--
Stanislav Malyshev, Software Architect
SugarCRM: http://www.sugarcrm.com/