On 15/09/2014 00:23, Andrea Faulds wrote:
This RFC has been put to a vote. It starts today (2014-09-14) and ends in a
week’s time (2014-09-21).

https://wiki.php.net/rfc/integer_semantics#vote

Hi,

After discussing this RFC with other members of AFUP (French UG), we agree that improving cross-platform consistency is important, so +1.

Users of a high-level language such as PHP should not, in our opinion, have to worry about the kind of differences this RFC wants to fix.

Of course, changing this now might break some scripts here and there, but probably not that many of them (as it's about edge-cases for bitwise shifts, which were already giving different results depending on the platform, and odd casts) -- and PHP 7 (major version) feels like the right time to fix this.

--
Pascal MARTIN
http://blog.pascal-martin.fr/