> there's really nothing missing from PHP today to enable successful & easy
implementation of RESTful interfaces.

Zeev,

I could not create a REST interface that accepted "multipart form data" in
uploading a file and form data in one PUT request.
This is a valid part of a RESTful interface, yet PHP does not provide
parsed data and file data for PUT like it does for POST (in the form of
$_FILES and $_POST).

The only way to do this in PHP now is write a userland function that parses
multipart form data, which is non-trivial. I had written one, but would
rather rely on the more-well tested parser which exists in PHP itself for
POST. (A side-note: in my case it was deemed less risky to employ a
load-balancer hack instead).

Having the ability to access the data provided in $_POST for other methods
is ideal (by whatever means: $_PUT, $_FORM, get_parsed_form_data(), etc).

Dave.