On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 9:50 PM, Marcio Almada <marcio.w...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi internals!
>
> Since no new discussion topics appeared, the voting on the Group Use
> Declarations RFC for PHP7 is now open:
>
> RFC: https://wiki.php.net/rfc/group_use_declarations#votes
> Patch: https://github.com/php/php-src/pull/1005
>
> As requested I've split the vote into two slightly different syntax
> choices, so be sure to pick the right choice if you are going to vote yes.
> The voting will close in exactly 14 days counting from now.

I'm in favor of this RFC. Honestly I don't really understand the negativity
it is getting around here.

The ability to import multiple items from one namespace is a
well-established feature you'll find in many languages employing some kind
of namespacing. I don't think the availability of what I lovingly call "IDE
vomit" is a good reason to decline a feature - a programming language
should be able stand on its own and not require IDE assistance for
reasonable use.

The syntax seems pretty obvious as well - but maybe I just had too much
exposure to Rust, which makes extensive use of the same syntax.

Nikita