Le 05/02/2015 21:14, Andrea Faulds a écrit :
Voting starts today (2015-02-05) and ends in two weeks’ time (2015-02-19). In
addition to the vote on the main RFC, there is also a vote on the type aliases
issue, and a vote to reserve the type names for future RFCs’ sake if this RFC
fails.

The RFC can be found here, and it contains a voting widget:
https://wiki.php.net/rfc/scalar_type_hints

Hi,

Even if this RFC has been withdrawn, I'm posting this here, hoping it might prove useful if someone ever tries to revive it.

We've discussed this RFC quite a bit with other members of AFUP, and finally ended on the +1 side.

Basically, adding type-hinting for scalars goes towards a PHP that is a bit more "strict" -- which seems like a good thing for us. But, at the same time, the "weak" mode by default means users can choose to go that way at their own pace and existing code will keep working, even if calling "strict" libraries.

The biggest concern we've had is the declare() syntax that feels a bit weird at first. But that's not enough of a concern for us to be -1 on the RFC as a whole.

Thanks!

--
Pascal MARTIN, AFUP - French UG
http://php-internals.afup.org/