On 27/02/2015 15:19, Andi Gutmans wrote:

On Feb 27, 2015, at 7:12 AM, Anthony Ferrara <ircmax...@gmail.com> wrote:

Dmitry and Zend,

Thank you for sharing your code. I look forward to playing with it.

Perhaps after 7 stabilizes (and ships) you could write up your
thoughts around it? Why decisions were made and the findings that you
have?

Yes I think we can definitely do that. It is an interesting experiment and
clarified also that JIT was less interesting in the short term as we can all
observe by the fabulous results of the current PHP 7 runtime. But absolutely
worth discussing post 7 as there surely are interesting opportunities.

Do you have a one line summary of why it's useless for real world applications? Is it just because they don't do enough number crunching compared to I/O or is it a matter of the JIT not kicking in fast enough to improve things in a single request cycle?

I am biased but if it improves the bench code so much it still sounds like a potentially good things for specific code like the composer dependency solver :)

Cheers