Just to slightly further clarify - we don't compile the whole codebase at
once, but we keep the existing semantics that every file is independent, may
change independently of other files, and include() may end up load one file
in one flow and another one in another flow.  There's isn't any cross-file
optimization.

> We also tried few different approaches to collect formation about hot
> functions and generate code only for them.
> Unfortunately, this didn't change the picture.

(again, the picture being no performance gains in common Web apps).

Zeev