Hi,

> Hello,
>
> Le ven. 6 mars 2015 à 00:44, Marcio Almada <marcio.w...@gmail.com> a
> écrit :
>>
>> You are right about this. I'll setup a yes/no vote + a vote to decide
>> between E_WARNING (for consistency), E_DEPRECATED or E_STRICT. For me this
>> is just a detail but maybe it's very important to others, so better to let
>> each voter decide upon it.
>>

> In case of language changes, shouldn't the 2/3 of majority be required at
> any levels?

I don't think it's possible. What would happen if the yes/no vote passes
but the secondary vote doesn't reach 2/3 for some option? This would be a
weird situation.

> In situations like:
>
> Main feature: No/Yes
> Option: A, B or C
>
> My gut feeling is that it would be better to rally a 2/3 majority of
> people behind one of:
> No / Yes (A) / Yes (B) / Yes (C)
> in order to not dilute the importance of language changes.
>
> It would prevent accepting an important change where a lot of people
> agrees on a general idea but have strong opinions/arguments on
> implementation/details.
>
> Cheers,
> Patrick

I think we should do some effort to discuss and discard as much options as
possible so we can have max 2 options or maybe eliminate the secondary
voting at all (which is the perfect scenario IMMO), but this requires a
good absolute number of opinions.