Hi,

> All,
> [...]
> I respectfully ask Zeev to retract his current proposal as it's
> currently failing with 68% of voters voting against it (currently
> 16:34). Without extending the timeline for 7, there's very little
> chance of it passing. So rather than dragging out the entire process
> needlessly for 2 more weeks, can we just finally be done with it?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Anthony
>
> --

At the time I'm witting this, the "Coercive Scalar Types" RFC needs 52
"yes" votes to reach minimum ratio. This RFC was well discussed and people
justified their "no" votes quite verbosely on the respective thread. Being
practical, we all know it has no chances to pass.

By keeping this vote running we put in risk all the advancements that are
already so close to be consolidated. Loosing this opportunity would be
damaging for both the major part of the community and the RFC process
itself, IMMO, specially because the dual mode RFC already reached super
majority and the voting would be closed today.

The concurrent RFC, that is now clearly rejected, had its chance and
failed. I agree that dropping the vote for "Coercive Scalar Typehints" is
the logical (even noble) attitude in such context. Please let's not drag
this situation for more two weeks for nothing.

Regards,
Márcio