On 14 March 2015 at 15:05, Lester Caine <les...@lsces.co.uk> wrote:

> Just what is being added which PHP5 will actually baulk at?
> The code base I will be running myself with PHP7 is PHP5.4 with E_STRICT
> etc. clean code.

For the RFC https://wiki.php.net/rfc/scalar_type_hints_v5 that is on
the edge of passing there will be no effects on BC for code, except
for the fact that int/string etc are now reserved words.

There may be other issues upgrading to 7 caused by other RFCs - but
that scalar type hints proposal does not cause any issues.

> I'll ask yet again a question that I keep asking but not seeing anybody
> explaining.

Perhaps if you sent fewer emails to the internals list, people would
be more likely to read and respond to the emails you do send?

cheers
Dan