Hi!

> That is right and I think that is the reality we have to face: most
> users use distro versions. They get a new version when they need to
> upgrade their distro every few years.

I'm not sure where you got this statistics from, but as I said, it is
very easy to make .rpm or .deb with source version from php.net of the
same minor. I've seen it done many times. It's next to impossible to
make the same with different major, and nobody would do it for obvious
stability concerns. I think the approach of "you have to wait several
years for any tiny change" is terrible and detrimental for PHP
development, however easy it makes the life of folks in Debian, etc.

> No, I don't say ban non-security bugfixes. But I say don't add new
> methods/functionality that should go in the next feature release.

I'm fine with adding only those that should go into the current one,
namely small self-contained additions :) Just as we agreed on long ago.
--
Stas Malyshev
smalys...@gmail.com