> De : Dennis Birkholz [mailto:den...@birkholz.biz]
>
> in my opinion all feature changes should go in the next X.Y version and
> should require an RFC.
> The reason is that "small self-contained changes" that get pulled in
> without a discussion on internals and an RFC can easily lead to bad
> design decisions in the long run.

Correct. The "small self-contained changes" concept easily leads to the rules
not being the same for everyone.

> I am sorry for the contributor but my example is
> https://github.com/php/php-src/pull/1145
> (DateTime::createFromImmutable() method) which was posted here on the
> list, got three negative replies but was merged nevertheless. I will not
> reproduce the arguments here but now the door for a clean solution
> inside the DateTimeInterface seems closed forever.

This example is clearly an RFC released as a PR to bypass the rules
(discussion, vote, and feature freeze date). I don't understand why it was
accepted and merged. Can someone give the rule that was followed in this case ?
If it should have gone through an RFC, can we revert the change and send him
back to the RFC process ?

Regards

François