Levi Morrison wrote on 10/06/2015 15:37:
We have code that previously triggered error handlers or got caught by
exceptions and now will not trigger the handler nor get caught.

AFAIK, the only things which are going to not inherit from Exception were things which didn't inherit from Exception in the first place.

The only edge case is E_RECOVERABLE, which previously triggered an error handler, and now will require a different mechanism (catch ( Error $e ) or catch ( Throwable $e )).

some non-fatals were converted (TypeException)

There was no equivalent to TypeException in previous versions of PHP, so in what sense has it been "converted"? Maybe I'm being thick and there's a situation that has been, but the only type-related error I know of was type-hinting classes, which were fatal.

Regards,
--
Rowan Collins
[IMSoP]