On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 1:41 AM, Marcio Almada <marcio.w...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,

> >> On Jun 15, 2015, at 4:02 PM, Anatol Belski <anatol....@belski.net>
> wrote:
> >> I would then suggest Aaron to stick to the minimal voting period
> (announcing this as early as possible), if the voting passes - then merge
> the branch on Wednesday. This way we would have nearly one week to test and
> do fixes in master.
> >>
> >> Kalle, Ferenc, how do you feel about this?
> >>

> > Is changing the voting dates on the RFC to run only through tomorrow
> > allowed? If so, I can make that change so it can be merged this week.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Aaron Piotrowski
>
> I second that. Right now many projects are awaiting to move towards
> php7 testing due to issues like
> https://github.com/sebastianbergmann/phpunit/issues/1748. It would be
> great to get the next alpha with the fixed exception hierarchy, in
> case the release managers agree.
>
> Márcio
>
> --

I would be okay with shortening the voting period, given the extensive
discussion, having Dmitry and Nikita reviewing the changes and seeing how
strong the support for this rfc is(a reasonable amount of votes with
unanimously in favor of the change).
I think that even if something comes up later with the implementation, we
can fix it on the way before the RC phase starts.

--
Ferenc Kovács
@Tyr43l - http://tyrael.hu