Hi Anthony,

I got it.

On Wed, Jun 24, 2015 at 6:41 AM, Yasuo Ohgaki <yohg...@ohgaki.net> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 24, 2015 at 12:21 AM, Anthony Ferrara <ircmax...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> In addition, this breaks the contract, specifically when using scalar
>> types. Because you're no longer going to error when the contract is
>> broken (considering htmlspecialchars is documented as string:string).
>>

> What do you mean by "break the contract".
> "string" parameter is not a requirement/contract.
> htmlspecialchars/htmlentities
> just converts param to string. The patch does not change anything as you
> can
> see it from the phpt results.

[yohgaki@dev github-php-src]$ cat ../t.php
<?php
declare(strict_types=1);

var_dump( htmlspecialchars(123) );

[yohgaki@dev github-php-src]$ ./php-bin ../t.php

Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: htmlspecialchars() expects parameter 1 to
be string, integer given in /home/yohgaki/workspace/ext/git/oss/
php.net/t.php:4
Stack trace:
#0 /home/yohgaki/workspace/ext/git/oss/php.net/t.php(4):
htmlspecialchars(123)
#1 {main}
  thrown in /home/yohgaki/workspace/ext/git/oss/php.net/t.php on line 4

I think this is massive breakage. It only happens in strict mode, though.

Regards,

--
Yasuo Ohgaki
yohg...@ohgaki.net