On 2 August 2015 13:54:46 BST, Niklas Keller <m...@kelunik.com> wrote:
>We're discussing issues here, so what's wrong with an issue tracker?

No, we're discussing every aspect of the project, from release  management to
personal introductions.

>I can see more than one benefit. Probably most important is that you
>can
>follow just some things, instead of getting all the mails.

I subscribe with a gmail account, filter the list into its own folder, then
pick out the threads I'm interested in using Thunderbird or K9 Mail. Most of
the time there are only about half a dozen active threads anyway.

>Additionally, you
>can ping people, that's not possible here, most mails are just "reply
>all"
>messages.

I CC'd you on this message; how is that not "pinging' you? Actually, it's a bit
*too* easy, as a lot of the time "Reply to All" is simpler than "Reply to
List". Either way, that's a feature issue trackers have borrowed from forums
rather than vice versa.

Regards,
--
Rowan Collins