On 24/09/15 07:39, Marco Pivetta wrote:
>  - I'm still conflicted on automatically importing all of the scope into
> the closure: while it is working for functional languages, that's where
> most of the headaches come from in languages such as javascript.

Isn't this the crux of some decisions? Once one adopts compiling as an
essential step a number of the rules can be changed. So is PHP heading
down the path of a compiled language even if that is hidden in some
automatic cache or is it still mainly an interpreted script? Lots of
things are easier if you apply optimization in the compile stage but
that then blocks many of the dynamic actions which PHP *IS* so good at.
The sort of thing that allows thousands of pages of content to be stored
in a database without some of the straight jacket that some people seem
to think is essential these days?

If I'd wanted a fully compiled system I'd have stayed with C/C++ all
those years ago ... as I keep harping on PHPs dynamic nature is it's
strength?

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL