Den 2015-09-22 kl. 17:16, skrev Andrea Faulds:
Hi Bob,

Bob Weinand wrote:
Hey,

Thanks for all your feedback in the discussion thread!

So, before I start the vote, just two quick notes:
I've added two notes about the statement syntax and the single variable use. Though a few people complained, I'm not switching to the ==> operator, as I noticed many people expected typehints to work (they don't due to parser limitations) when they compared to Hack's short Closures. It also allows us to differ syntax-wise [e.g. for typehints] from Hack without causing any confusion later. Which should be the smartest choice: Avoid conflicts. (If anyone strongly feels against that, he may vote no, but I would like to not bikeshed that in this Vote thread, but leave it free for eventual actual issues.)

Now, the link to the RFC about Short Closures:
https://wiki.php.net/rfc/short_closures
or straight ahead to the vote:
https://wiki.php.net/rfc/short_closures#vote

I am unhappy with the ~> syntax choice. As I've mentioned before, it's hard to type for many people, it looks too much like ->, and it's unnecessarily different from Hack's ==>, of which this RFC would otherwise be proposing a strict subset.

So, I am voting against.

Thanks.

One a side-note using a nordic keyboard-layout one needs to push
altgr+~+space to get the ~ sign. To get the $ sign one needs to push
altgr+$, but $ is on the left of keyboard while ~ is on the right. So in
my eyes the difficulty is similar. I find it more annoying though with
the $ sign.

Regards //Björn