Hello,

It has been brought to my attention that some PHP code using LDAP connect was
broken by the update to PHP 5.6.11.
This is because the use on ldap_connect(host:port) is not allowed anymore.
You have to use either ldap_connect(host, port) or
ldap_connect(ldap://host:port).

The use of ldap_connect(host:port) without ldap:// is not something that is in
the tests, and is not explicitely allowed by our documentation:
http://php.net/manual/en/function.ldap-connect.php
(Maybe it could be made clearer than when not using ldaps://, ldap:// is still
needed for an LDAP URI to be valid)

So basically my question is, is that something that should be "fixed" to be
consistent with previous PHP version, or should it stay that way as this is
what is documented and tested?

Here are the problems people encountered because of this change (most assume
they have to use host and port separately and do not think to add the ldap://
in there):
https://www.netways.org/issues/2931
https://dev.icinga.org/issues/9298
https://github.com/owncloud/core/issues/20020