On Tue, Nov 3, 2015 at 12:03 AM, Côme Chilliet <c...@opensides.be> wrote:

> So basically my question is, is that something that should be "fixed" to
> be consistent with previous PHP version, or should it stay that way as this
> is what is documented and tested?

An equivalent question: Do you want to support this syntax going forward?

It's a common enough format that users likely will try it before reading
the documentation. But supporting it implies the code, the documentation,
and now a footnote that it wasn't supported between 5.6.11 and 5.6.x.

IMO, forbid it, adding a version note to the documentation: "5.6.11 --
Support for the undocumented $host format 'hostname:port' was removed."

bishop