On 30 December 2015 at 23:00, Davey Shafik <da...@php.net> wrote:

> how will settype($string, int|float), intval(), floatval(), is_numeric()
> and ctype_digit() work with this change?

My understanding is that those functions will continue to work as they
do currently. The numeric literals are resolved by the compiler into
numbers when the code is compiled, so there will be no difference.
i.e. this RFC does not affect PHP at runtime at all, only the compile
step.

> What will var_dump()  etc. show?

var_dump(1_000_000) will have the same output as var_dump(1000000)

> there should be an explicit way to support "1_000_000" => (int) 1_000_000.
> This
> should be part of the RFC.

I don't think it should be part of this RFC. That sounds like a
completely different RFC, or is covered by NumberFormatter::parse().

cheers
Dan