> On Jan 1, 2016, at 15:20, Johannes Schlüter <johan...@schlueters.de> wrote:
>
> On Fri, 2016-01-01 at 13:28 -0500, Bishop Bettini wrote:
>> Hi, and happy New Year!
>>
>> Now that the big push for PHP 7 is done, I'd like to revive earlier
>> discussions
>> <http://grokbase.com/t/php/php-internals/14ay38dsx6/rfc-github-pull-requests-triage-team>
>> on the *GitHub PR triage team* RFC <https://wiki.php.net/rfc/github-pr>.
>
> ... and we don't have the issue with GitHub only, but also with
> bugs.php.net. But frankly I don't see the need for the RFC. This simply
> needs people to do the work. Anybody can leave comments and pester
> committers. Everybody with php.net account additionally can close bus
> and prs and assign bug issues.
>
> Even if there is an RFC those volunteers are needed and could run away
> any time.
>
> So if you have the spare time simply start! Be brave!

I think the particular advantage of having an RFC (or if not an RFC, a document
somewhere describing the contents of the RFC) is so that there’s a framework
for the PHP project saying, “this is a desired thing we’d like to have as part
of our normal process”, and in the event the people working on it step aside
from lack of time, it provides a much easier way of getting someone else to
pick up the mantle, since there’s already a document written describing what we
want to have happen.

At the least, this is a request for comments, even if it doesn’t actually
require a vote, and there didn’t really seem to be a better place to put the
document at the time.