Hi,

I'll only comment on some specific points, so hence the trimmed email.

On Wed, 6 Jan 2016, Anthony Ferrara wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 5, 2016 at 11:57 PM, Stanislav Malyshev <smalys...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, 5 Jan 2016, Anthony Ferrara wrote:
> >
> >> I added a section on transparency, Conflict of Interest (though
> >> this needs expanding) and accountability (giving internals@ the
> >> ability to "overturn" any action by the CoC team with a vote of
> >> 50%+1). I also made it explicit that accused people have a right to
> >> confidentiality as long as no action is taken by the team.
> >
> > I am a big fan of transparency, but here in particular I'm not sure
> > that every mediation attempt should be indeed reported. Maybe if no
> > further escalation was required, less publicity is better. We need
> > to be careful here, as many things could be resolved in private more
> > efficiently if public displays and egos are less involved :) This is
> > another thing where over-legislation is bad, as there's a lot of
> > common sense needed and you can't legislate that.
>
> Yeah, perhaps just require transparency when action is required
> (reverting commits, edits, etc or temp bans)

I think there is a good argument for something like a quarterly report
though. It does not have to be large, but something along the lines of
"we had to mediate x time in the last 3 months" — and if something
significant happened, that of course should be mentioned too.

Such a summary report indicates towards the community that 1. the CoC is
not just some fancy bit of text on a web server, 2. things (sadly) do
happen, and hence nobody can make the argument any more of "the PHP is
safe, we don't need a CoC, because nothing ever happens".

Sadly, things happen—just like Antony illustrated. And I can
say the same from personal experience.

cheers,
Derick
--