Hi!

> I would not say that the information that the Nielsen Norman Group
> puts on their website falls in the category of "somebody putting
> something on a website".

I think you are trying for an argument of "I agree with some guys that I
consider being an authority so you should agree with me". It works only
if these guys are established as unerring God-like authority _and_ they
spoke on the particular case we are discussing. I don't think either of
this is true. So let's dispense with authority appeals for now.

> A lot of things are wrong with this (see above reasons) and the RTFM
> argument is a thought-terminating cliché. Duplication harms the

It is cliche because it's true. You do not need any deep thought to know
what aliases are, there is no deep insight to be had there, there is
just a thing to know - these two things are two ways of saying the same.
It's not really hard or "confusing".

> overall design of a language, it results in a maintainability burden
> for the developers, hell, even this discussion is only happening and
> wasting our time due to these duplications.

Wait, so the fact of you arguing for removal of aliases is the proof of
you being right? That's neat.
--
Stas Malyshev
smalys...@gmail.com