Hi all,

On Fri, Feb 26, 2016 at 3:10 AM, Fleshgrinder <p...@fleshgrinder.com> wrote:
> On 2/25/2016 10:26 AM, Tony Marston wrote:
>>> Science shows that it is harmful, let's clean it up!
>>
>> Your "proof" is not scientific, it is just personal opinion. There is no
>> evidence that use of the "var" keyword is harmful in any way.
>
> I think the diverged from talking about the "var" keyword in particular
> towards duplication in general a long time ago. However, I still think
> that DRY is empirically proven.

I'm 0 for this change. Although it's close to +1.

Those who are willing to remove "var" from PHP should write conversion
script that scans PHP scripts and converts "var" to "public". Then there
will be more supporters for removing "var". We have tokenizer. It
should not be difficult. Tokenizier may be extended to make this kind
of conversion script easier. i.e. Get offset of tokens also. If there
is offset, writing conversion script is trivial. It seems some work is required
to return offset, though.

Regards,

--
Yasuo Ohgaki