I don't think I've ever heard properties referred to as attributes in the
context of PHP.  The PHP manual defines them and refers to them throughout as
'properties'.

(I'm not voicing an opinion on attributes vs. annotations;  Just pointing out
that data storage inside objects isn't named attributes).

Zeev