Hi all,

On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 4:44 PM, Remi Collet <r...@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Le 25/04/2016 à 16:09, S.A.N a écrit :
>> In userland  lacks the ability to store data in the shared memory
>> modules, do not use pecl modules, it would be very nice to have a
>> function:
>>
>> opcache_get($key);
>> opcache_set($key, $value);
>
> Opcache is an opcode cache.
>
> A user data cache is something really different.
>
> We learn from the past, having both in the same extension (APC) was an
> mistake.
>
> So I really think, this doesn't have to be added in opache.
>
> And various extensions already exist (apcu, yac, memcache(d), redis...)
> each for different needs.

They are different thing. That said

Are we going to have race condition free shared memory API by default?

If yes, I'll use it for mm save handler (session save handler that
uses shared memory) storage. Mm save handler does not compile with ZTS
currently. Mm save handler would be nice for small web sites. It could
be default save handler and many apps/sites will have performance
boost.

Regards,

--
Yasuo Ohgaki