As just told: existing code hinting against generic `object` breaks. This
is a change in semantics in an existing operator. It is just sane to
consider it a BC break, since the operator cannot be relied upon for a
certain family of problems: invent a new operator.

That's basically the path to follow anytime something could be overloaded,
but shouldn't due to BC constraints.