On Fri, Apr 28, 2017 at 6:05 PM, Rowan Collins <rowan.coll...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>I reject the idea of making a worse API for the sake of an artificial
>>purity standard which has long since been violated elsewhere.
>
> Personally, I think if we were designing from scratch, having a
> setHeaders method which took an array (and an associative
> one at that) would seem a better API than a weird polymorphic
> function with a manual page a mile long.

We can agree on this, and others in this thread have said as much as
well.  I've also mentioned that I've been poking at a new curl binding
since last November.  Funnily enough, it's a mix of a
monolithic/polymorphic setOpt() method and where appropriate,
setSomeSpecificThing() methods.

When I get it to a stable point I'll toss it on github.

-Sara