On 17.07.2017 at 16:12, Dan Ackroyd wrote:

> I just investigated an alleged bug related to the SQLite3 extension.

Can you please report the bug and assign it to me.  I can't promise that
I'll be able to fix it, but I would take a look.

> It seems this bug occurs when PHP is compiled with the current bundled
> SQLite files, which are a little out of date as they are version:
> "3.15.1", date: "2016-11-04".
>
> Listed at https://sqlite.org/changes.html there are multiple versions
> that SQLite could be upgraded to.
>
> * 2016-11-28 (3.15.2) - small bugfix upgrade.
> * 2017-06-08 (3.19.3) - bigger upgrade that has performance improvements.
>
> Questions:
>
> 1. Do we have a process for deciding whether to upgrade bundled libraries?

Nothing strict.  Since several months I'm keeping master and pre-release
branches up to date with current SQLite3 releases.  I do not touch GA
branches, because that could do more harm than good.  If there is a
known bug that affects PHP, I suggest to update only as necessary, i.e.
in this case to 3.15.2, and even this should probably be discussed with
the respective release manager(s).

Note, that I assume that the bundled libsqlite3 is most likely used on
Windows only, anyway, because Linux distros usually roll out their own.

--
Christoph M. Becker