Am 19.07.2017 um 19:12 schrieb Mathias Grimm <mathiasgr...@gmail.com>:

> I think it's a great idea about docker, although a separated project.
>
> The wiki says minimum php is 5.3 but that page is from 2013 and would be
> really great to not depend on the mirrors php version, although we can
> write beautiful php even in php 4 (never did prior to 4)

I think the most important thing is that the PHP-website keeps a
VanillaPHP-approach. Every library or framework used for a rewrite of the
PHP-website will be looked upon with different eyes and will therefore seem to
be "PHP-approved" to people not that deep into the website (so about 99% of
PHP-developers). So the PHP-website would - even though that might not be
intended - recommend frameworks or libraries over others. And we would not want
that!

Just my 0.02 €

Cheers

Andreas