On Wed, Jan 3, 2018 at 11:16 AM, Johannes Schlüter <johan...@php.net> wrote:
> On Di, 2018-01-02 at 11:49 +0100, Nikita Popov wrote:
>> li...@rhsoft.net, who have recently been
>> aggressively derailing
>
> He was blocked in 2012 already:
>
> https://externals.io/message/59395#59421

    I hadn't even noticed this thread until the flurry of activity
kept throwing it to the top of my inbox, but if you remember, that
2012 ban by Rasmus was far from the only time he caused issues.  And
it's not just with PHP either.

    Reindl Harald has an established pattern of foul
language and harassment of community members in a number of open
source projects.  In the notes I keep on people who abuse our
services, I have his first entry coming up on eight years ago, in
July, 2010, where he devolved into profanity and personal attacks
because he didn't like something that was being discussed.

    He's had a number of opportunities to correct his abusive
behavior.  I, too, agree in second - and even third - chances, but
when this pattern of behavior spans the better part of a decade, and
racks-up enough entries in my notes that I can remember who he is
right off the top of my head, I think enough is enough.

    I, for one, say permanently ban him and move on.