It's a bit of both really.

I hope that with all things considered (the little time we have left, the
little concrete discussion that happened so far as a result, the inconsistency
of allowing such a vote to push out feature freeze, the scope of this feature
being a lot more suitable for a major release, and our inability to fix/improve
other related elements at the same time) - Nikita will propose this for 8.0
instead of 7.x.

Zeev