Den tor. 5. jul. 2018 kl. 22.51 skrev Kalle Sommer Nielsen <ka...@php.net>:

> Den tor. 5. jul. 2018 kl. 22.46 skrev Nikita Popov <nikita....@gmail.com>:
> > Sounds reasonable to me. My only question would be when we would start
> > emitting the deprecation notice. I'm not a fan of deprecating things in the
> > same release as the alternative is introduced, so I would suggest to add
> > the new alias in PHP 7.3 and perform the deprecation in PHP 7.4.
>
> I agree here, I don't think a simple constant would hurt too much to
> add outside the scope of this RFC so I will go ahead and do soonish
> that if no one else objects. Then we can move the section to the 7.4
> Deprecation WIP RFC.

I wrote a quick patch[1] for this (look away from the deprecation
warning), which basically adds a new alias 'add_slashes', this seemed
like the easiest way to go about it. While looking into ext/filter it
seems there are no implementations for INPUT_SESSION and
INPUT_REQUEST. I doubt there is any intention to implement these so
they could be potentials for adding a deprecation for (or simply
removal as they just yield an E_WARNING when used anyway)[2].

[1] https://gist.github.com/KalleZ/cce52f230d599501373b15729ec85bfc
[2]
https://git.php.net/?p=php-src.git;a=blob;f=ext/filter/filter.c;h=56c93199f0bf4f713eeb81c0dfddb910b02b9618;hb=HEAD#l547

--