Den tor. 5. jul. 2018 kl. 22.22 skrev Stanislav Malyshev <smalys...@gmail.com>:

> Hi!
>
> > After looking into this, I think that FILTER_SANITIZE_MAGIC_QUOTES may be a
> > legitimate filter, which just has a bad name. Next to other filters that
> > perform htmlspecialchars and urlencode, it makes sense that there is also a
> > filter that performs addslashes. Maybe we should just rename this filter to
> > something which is not tainted by the "magic quotes" terminology?
>
> Makes sense. There's nothing specially evil in addslashes if used in
> appropriate context. Also, for those that are newer to PHP, "magic
> quotes" means very little. So it's a bad name from various perspectives.
> Having something like FILTER_SANITIZE_ADD_SLASHES would be fine.

Thinking some more about it, I kinda agree with the sentiment and I
think a rename is much better as it doesn't really hurt. We could add
an alias constant instead and provoke an E_DEPRECATED if the old one
is used (given we don't give the filter the same numeric value).

--
regards,

Kalle Sommer Nielsen
ka...@php.net