From: Joe Watkins <krak...@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2019 3:26 PM
To: Zeev Suraski <z...@zend.com>
Cc: internals@lists.php.net
Subject: Re: [PHP-DEV] RFC Abolish Narrow Margins

Afternoon Zeev,

I imagine you will not like what I have to say either: In light of the recent
actions you have taken and are taking to push incomplete software into php-src
on narrow margins, prematurely, it makes perfect sense to discuss margins
independently, and I intend to do so. Your opinion will be taken into
consideration when you cast your vote.

I do insist, and will not be waiting two weeks, unless you agree to delay the
JIT RFC until this issue is resolved.

Cheers
Joe

On Thu, 31 Jan 2019 at 14:07, Zeev Suraski
<z...@zend.com<mailto:z...@zend.com>> wrote:
> [...]

Joe,

Given that time that passed since I brought up my wider-scoped RFC, and yet
haven't pushed it through (some major things were happening on my end, as you
may have heard...) - I can imagine you're not going to like what I'm going to
say, but fundamentally - nothing changed.  It still doesn't make sense, IMHO,
to discuss the margin independently of other questions - even if you explicitly
mention them as being outside of the scope of the RFC.

Also, given the time that passed and the importance of this, it should require
a brand new mandatory 2-week discussion period before we go for a vote - even
if you insist on moving forward with this narrow-scoped RFC.

At the same time, I'd like to finally solicit feedback explicitly on my
wider-scoped RFC, as I guess we can't wait any longer.  I'll send a separate
email about that.

Zeev