On 19/09/2019 18:38, Chase Peeler wrote:
So, in other words, if the majority of core members decide they want to
force strict typing in PHP 9, and non-core PHP developers voice their
opposition to such a change, there would be nothing to prevent those core
members from voting to suspend the non-core members from the list, except
to hope that such power wouldn't abused?

You may be misinterpreting the intent of the RFC.

I don't believe this RFC is aimed at silence productive debate, it is clearly aimed at limiting the access of what I can only imagine is a small number of people whose continued involvement would be severely detrimental the proper functioning of internals.

For example, if one person were to be responsible for between 30% to 40% of all posts in a given high-volume day, that person would, quite rightly, be seen as entering the realms of disruptive behaviour in light of the existing internals guidelines regarding considerate posting, and they may find themselves prevented from continuing those actions.

Something I think most people would consider entirely reasonable.

Mark Randall