internals@ needs what every community needs: proper moderation. Moderators are
no dictators who will force their opinion on how the language is shaped, nor
will they silence people with fear. This is no alien concept on the internet,
and nothing ground breaking or disruptive is being proposed.

Now even though not directly mentioned in the RFC, everyone who has been
following internals@ for the last three months knows exactly who and what the
RFC is aimed at. My fear is that this discussion will end the same way almost
all RFC discussions ended these past months. That's so much time and effort
wasted for such a simple thing that almost every community knows how to handle.

Simply appoint some people who have proven they can keep their calm in the
past, and act with common sense when it comes to interpersonal communication.

The next step would be to provide a proper CoC — a problem that many OSS
communities also have solved already, so no need to invent the wheel — though I
fear that proper moderation will be needed in order to have a constructive
discussion about a CoC.

After all of that, we can finally focus on things that matter again: building
PHP.

Kind regards
Brent