On Fri, 20 Sep 2019 at 06:50, Stanislav Malyshev <smalys...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am not sure what is the purpose of this.

Please can you look at the past 3 months of discussions on this list
and ask yourself have those conversations been productive and/or
pleasant? Do you think other people think those conversations have
been productive and/or pleasant?

If you can't see how non-productive and unpleasant those conversations
have been, or can't understand that other people see them as
non-productive and unpleasant, then I'm not going to be able to
persuade you about the need for some rules for preventing disruption.

>> Repeatedly asking people to hold off on proposing an RFC.

> Why not? If I think an RFC makes no sense, why won't I suggest the
> potential proposer to save themselves the effort and the negative
> feelings by not proposing something which is no good?

It's possible to send the same message with different emotional affect.

If it's phrased as, "I think I would vote no on an RFC" it makes your
message clear without making the recipient feel bad.

If it's phrased as, "You shouldn't bother wasting your time, by
proposing a clearly crap idea", it makes the person you are sending it
to feel bad.

One of those is fine, the other is really wearying behaviour.

> but that's not the reason to introduce
> martial law here.

Trying to compare an attempt to keep the mailing list productive to
'introducing martial law' seems quite a stretch.

cheers
Dan
Ack