On Wed, 6 Nov 2019 at 19:44, Jakub Zelenka <bu...@php.net> wrote:

> I have to say that the RFC wasn't really well done as the implementation
> followed which caused this omission. We should really look properly to the
> implementation when creating RFC so it's more detailed and doesn't cause
> omission like this.

There's a bit of a Catch-22 there: voters want to know all the edge-cases
before they approve an RFC; but developers want to know the RFC will be
approved before they spend hours refining a patch. In some ways, it would
be good to have two votes: one on the principle, and one on the detailed
implementation; but that could make the process feel quite long and
bureaucratic.

Regards,
--
Rowan Tommins