> Yep. <http://www.niallmoody.com/twindy/>.

And at: http://www.niallmoody.com/twindy/screenshots.htm there
are screenshots to be seen.

Twindy may, or may not ... I ignore, be good. On the other hand,
the screenshots show without pity icons whose substance grade and
themes range from authentic *Art Brut*^1 to kindergarten.

Let's see: hammers, screwdrivers, spanners as they would come
directly from Brio or Meccano of the children; magnifying lens,
scissors, envelopes and folders from the kids' Little Postal
Store; houses, pencils and colorful arrows--to the left, the
right, up, down, cycle--from the game of the goose or the books
of the Brothers Grimm; and so on.

Incidentally, and to get an idea of the *gravity* the situation:
compare with ... Egypt and Greece, say, of the past. (Who has
visited Pompeii, the ruins, near Naples once, at the limit?
Notice that Pompeii has even been a kind of Club Meditarranee of
the past, NOT a *cradle* of civilization for sure!)

Were they not--ironically--more *artistically advanced* [read:
provided with a more vivid imagination] still than ... hem,
*we* anno 2007? (Hello *Teddy* [Adorno], who once called our
*modern history* [cultural] *progressing* rather a regression
into pre-agrarian times.)

Guess what?! icons are a bit limited--or then are completely
arbitrary--as a medium and language to be used in defining and
describing tasks to be accomplished through a *fantasy*- [sigh]
less automaton and computer. They are wrong metaphors--actually a
kind of aphasia, or incapability to speak and explain--as much as
*cute* and *charming* [sigh] they may appear.

Cheers,

/Roy

PS

Icons--not convinced yet? Put a look at a last Fluxbox *theme*.
Who knows, you may discover Cinderella, or Hansel and Gretel
*fashioned* icons stuffed in menus [with rounded corners!] in
a Postmodern, or ... what else?, Hyperrealist atmosphere and
*ambiente*. Or also: Mattel [Barbie, the doll] on Giger^2 ...
chacun a son gout, isn't it?

     1. Art Brut. [T]he idea of "Art Brut" appeared around 1945.
Its conception is generally attributed to the French painter Jean
Dubuffet who meant by the term "works executed by those immune to
artistic culture in which imitation has no role; in which their
creators take all (subjects, materials, transposition, rhythm,
style etc.) from their own individuality and not from the base
of classical art or stylish trends". One can understand from
this definition that practitioners of "Art Brut" are mentally or
socially marginal: prisoners, patients of psychiatric hospitals
or other institutions, originals, solitary beings, condemned, all
individuals who have a social status removed from the constraints
of cultural conditioning.

     2. Hans Ruedi Giger. [G]iger got his start with small
ink drawings before progressing to oil paintings. For most
of his career, Giger has worked predominantly in airbrush,
creating monochromatic canvasses depicting surreal, nightmarish
dream-scapes.

     [H]is most distinctive stylistic innovation is that of
a representation of human bodies and machines in a cold,
interconnected relationship, described as "biomechanical". His
paintings often display fetishistic sexual imagery and are
considered disturbing by some.

     Giger is also the guy known by most people because of
Alien's, the movie, designs for sure.

--
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS  habis manis sepah dibuang--after the sweet
SSSSS . s l a c k w a r e  SSSSSS  part is finished and becomes tasteless,