On Mon, Aug 22, 2016 at 2:44 PM, Thomas Graf <tg...@suug.ch> wrote:
> <iovisor-dev@lists.iovisor.org>:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I requested a workshop at netdev (Oct. 5-7 in Tokyo) to present and
>> showcase XDP. The goal of this is to start providing the public
>> information about XDP and to start talking about real world use cases
>> and development.
>>
>> I am looking for presenters of various topics in XDP. The content
>> might be similar to what we had at XDP summit, but the target audience
>> should be considered to be potentail users and programmers of XDP as
>> opposed to developers working on the infrastructure.
>
> I would love to demo Cilium to provide some context. Hopefully by then
> we will have the loadbalancer running on XDP but I think it will be a
> valuable demo to provide some context for the kernel work either way.
>
> Time requirement is about 20-30 minutes, depends a bit on much context
> has already been provided in the session.

That's great.

The way it's looking is that we'll have 1 1/2 hours for the XDP
workshop. We're going to have two XDP HW talks (Barefoot and
Netronome) that are going to be done as separate talks. So for the
workshop we will try to devote most of the time to use cases and
demos.

So far we'd have:
  - Ceth
  - Cilium
  - ILA router/load balancer

We should also have an overview and introduction to XDP. So I'm
thinking 30 minutes for intro/overview then 1 hr. for the above (e.g.
20 minutes for each). What I'm hoping is that we can snag a few people
to get really interested in this and then maybe have some followup
hallway discussions on potential projects and contribution (very
import everyone attending wear their XDP T-shirt, I'll bring some
extras :-) )

Tom