Hi all,

Thanks to those who attended, here are my minutes from the meeting.

===== Conferences past and future =====

IO Visor Summit
We had this last week, the conference room was packed and we had a few remote
attendees as well. We are working to upload the videos, collect the slides
(please send them to Debra if you haven't already!), and maybe write a blog
post. If you weren't able to attend, look out for an email shortly.

SCaLEx 15x
Linux 4.x Tracing: Performance Analysis with bcc/BPF
https://www.socallinuxexpo.org/scale/15x/presentations/linux-4x-tracing-performance-analysis-bccbpf
Brendan gave this featured talk, with an estimated 200-300 attendees in the
room. Many people were surprised and impressed with the capabilities, which
means that there are still too many people who don't know about BPF yet! Get
out there and give talks if you can.

O'Reilly Velocity - June 19-22 - Santa Clara, CA
Accepted talk by Brendan, and tutorial by Sasha

Netdev 2.1 - April 6-8 - Montreal, CA
CFP is over, several BPF/XDP topics on the agenda
Jesper: Tutorial on how to program BPF

Dockercon - April 17-20 - Austin, TX
Thomas: Cilium - Network and Application Security with BPF and XDP
Brendan: Container Performance Analysis (not BPF specific)

Other (I didn't catch the name) - Denmark
Jesper: how to use bpf for ddos mitigation

===== Development =====

Brenden:
Working on changing the way bpf maps are stored in the BPFModule and related
classes, with the hope of having different backend implementations based on
feature requirements (persistence, namespaces). The first user of the change
should be the json type generator, followed by the MapTypesVisitor proposal
(bcc #960).

CTF
Discussion kicked off regarding encoding of types. The use of CTF (compact C
type format) has been mentioned before, and still seems to be the way to go.
Alexei will kick off a discussion thread with some kernel folks who supposedly
have some baseline code work off of.

Suchakra:
 Working on something sip (voice protocol) related, details to come soon
 Some ctf (t=trace) work ongoing, depending on Babeltrace 2.0

===== Attendees =====
Brenden Blanco
Joe Stringer
Marco Leogrande