> "PD (Automatic Prefix Delegation)" doesn't specify any means to set the
> prefix pool the routers rely on for delegation, apart from a manual
setting.

Could you kindly explain what you mean by this sentence in another way? I
did't get the point...

> The DHCPv6 option could be used in this aim, and would be therefore
> complementary to PD...
> Moreover PD also deals with routing protocol negocation, and does then
more
> than just prefix delegation... This point is interesting in so far as the
> reachability of the subnet(s) corresponding to the delegated prefix must
be
> achieved in a way or another...

I believe PD and DHCP are not competing, but can live together, like RA and
DHCP can do so at a subnet.

My understanding is that PD is "third-party-serverless autoconfig" or
"third-party-server independent autoconfig" and DHCP is "third-party-server
dependent", because PD is for routers which actually delegate and route the
delegated prefix, and DHCP is not necessarily so.

http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-haberman-ipngwg-auto-prefix-01.