Francis,

I have to jump in here - DHCPv6 is *not* just for dynamic address
allocation. Have those who are claiming that DHCPv6 will not be used
actually read the spec?  It will be used for other configuration
parameters, as described in draft-droms-dnsconfig-dhcpv6-01.txt  Arguments
that DHCPv6 has no utility because of stateless address autoconfiguration
are bogus.

Once again, stateless address autoconfiguration is great.  But it's not
enough.  An IPv6 host needs *at least* DNS configuration information to be
useful.  DHCPv6 is a reasonable way to provide that additional
configuration information.

Is there a buzz from network designers, managers or admins - folks who
actually *run* networks and who understand IPv6 - asking for DHCP to go away?

- Ralph