Francis Dupont <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>    So I suppose there's draft, a pointer would help.  Far from me any
>    intention that you imply, sorry.
>
> => draft-ietf-ipngwg-temp-addresses-v2-00.txt

Thanks!

>    I think there's also MSRN but know nothing about it more than it's
>    used for MSC-MSC communication.  And I don't know what MSC means.
>
> => be serious, please! (BTW MSC=Mobile Switching Center)

That might have looked funny but I really didn't know what MSC meant.
Now I know.  And it removes it from the list of my tries of id's to be
coded into Interface ID's.  As I said, I was trying to cover them all.

>    Note though another difference between 802 id's and all those
>    discussed above: the above identifiers identify the terminal itself,
>    but not the other end of the communication at L2.  I mean a base
>    station has neither IMEI/IMSI/etc, and if it's identified by something
>    it's certainly not the same kind of id as the one for the phone.
>
> => a base station is not a Mobile Equipment, does this matter?

Ok, I think I agree with you.  I might have a different view of how
those id's are used, I mean different than yours; but exactly as you,
I was motivated to find how a sort of unique ID that can be fit into
an Interface ID.

Alex