>     we have no way to force upgrade for all users of the
  > existing IPv6
  >     stacks.  therefore, i believe it very important for
  > mobile-ip6 to be
  >     defined so that:
  >     - mobile-ip6 MN is interoperable with CN without HAO
  > support, nor
  >       binding error message support

=> Technically, removing the must on the HAO is not a problem.
In fact, regardless of deployed base, keeping a must for
the HAO makes no sense IMHO.
As for the BE message, I guess we need to make sure that
somehow the CN tells the MN that no binding exists.
Not sure what can be done about this.

  >     - do not make them "non-conformant"

=> Well, the IETF doesn't make anyone non-conformant
as far as I know.

Hesham