From: "Hesham Soliman (EAB)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> => Technically, removing the must on the HAO is not a problem.
> In fact, regardless of deployed base, keeping a must for
> the HAO makes no sense IMHO.
> As for the BE message, I guess we need to make sure that
> somehow the CN tells the MN that no binding exists.
> Not sure what can be done about this.

If the CN supports mip6, the CN will send a BE message when it
receives a packet which has HAO and it doesn't have a BCE.  If the CN
doesn't support mip6, the CN will send an ICMP PRAMPROB with code 2
based on the ICMPv6 specification.

When the MN receives a BE message, the MN will re-start RR procedure.
When the MN receives ICMP PARAMPROB with code 2 and the pointer
indicates HAO, the MN will switch to use bi-directional tunneling.

Is there any other scenarios?  Please correct me if the above rules
are not enough to support non-mip6-aware IPv6 nodes.

Best Regards,

---
Keiichi SHIMA
IIJ Research Laboratory <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
KAME Project <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>