Pascal Thubert wrote:

> Face it: Many of today's large web servers will not want to maintain binding
> caches. Because:
> - They are clustered (see my previous mail on this thread)
> - Visits are short and unrelated (the caches are not reused)
> - RR reduces the throughput and the response time

The current spec allows CNs to decline a RO/RR request.
This is of course necessary, we couldn't mandate that they
have sufficient memory etc. in all cases to handle these
requests.

> - They may even blindly accept the Home Address option since the AAA takes place
> at session level anyway using cookies and such.

Most likely we can't do this. Earlier analysis indicated that unverified
home address option could lead to reflection attacks.

> How much of the global IP traffic does this represent today? What will mobile
> devices do at least in the short term? We must provide a way for servers to
> simply and politely decline RO. We may want to permit triangular routing. The
> minimum we can do to ease IPv6 transition is at least to allow the current v4
> applications to run in equivalent conditions.

Yes, and they can decline RO already now. Triangular routing will only be
allowed under a special condition (existing SA), which I think is probably
not compatible with your scenario of web servers.

> It's a SHOULD.

I'm not really arguing against that...

Jari